QA Automation Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
Our outcome-focused suite of software product engineering services has unlocked business outcomes for clients in a variety of industries including healthcare, lifestyle, professional services, utilities and more - marrying design and engineering in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We work collaboratively through product discoveries, workshops, and our pod methodology, alongside our clients, producing real and measurable business impact by using digital experiences and modern technologies to build applications or platforms that create value. To do this, we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
What We Do
- As a leading software product engineering company we get to work on a wide range of projects for some of the world’s largest leading brands. From low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services - we engineer the modern business.
- Work with team members all across the world, closely collaborating to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open-door culture, and opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things amongst people with similar skill sets providing a stage for incredible knowledge sharing.
- Hybrid-remote work opportunity with a cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule for optimal productivity.
We are looking for an exceptional QA Automation Engineer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts in Vancouver. Core characteristics of this role include:
- Work with QA Engineer Lead and Development Lead to establish and evolve formal Automation processes ensuring that the automation team is using industry accepted best practices.
- Develop clean, high-quality, high-performance and maintainable automation frameworks and automated test projects.
- Develop integration tests, regression tests, acceptance tests, smoke tests, load tests and performance tests.
- Work with the Product Owner in the translation of business requirements into testable test cases.
- Participating in technical investigations and estimation process.
- Passionately driving problem determination and resolution.
- Assisting in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Promoting team effectiveness by removing technical blockers.
- Experience using test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow, Test Rail and JMeter.
- Experience in API testing using tools such as SoapUI, Postman, and Insomnia.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in C# and .NET Framework.
- Experience with DevOps pipeline including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing software quality metrics.
- Complete knowledge of testing methods.
- Experience in building automation framework.
- Be able to create test plans and strategies for all sizes of projects.
- Be able to create reports and analysis of testing progress and results.
- Knowledge of Load testing and Performance testing.
Nice to Have:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
We are a thriving community of top technology talent globally connected in over 10 different countries. Our love for engineering software products that provide real value and business impact fuels our growth, continually elevating our status as a leading software product engineering company. Transform the world with us.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.