Agile Program Manager
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Agile Program Manager to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
Agile Program Manager
Oversee all aspects of the program, lead a team on large and complex programs, or a significant segment thereof; Analyze new and complex program-related problems and create innovative solutions that involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components financial management of the program.
We are looking for one or more qualified candidates who can blend traditional project management practices with Agile best practices to execute the unique delivery requirements inherent in a consultancy environment to create lasting engagements and mutually trusting relationships.
An ideal fit for this position will be able to project and incorporate the appropriate level of planning and risk mitigation to provide the right balance of agility and predictability in project delivery for our clients. Clear, detailed and succinct verbal and written communication skills are essential as you will work with high performing teams and a mature client base.
- 8+ years experience managing medium to large custom application development projects
- 5+ years experience with Agile Scrum framework
- Experience with traditional project management practices including: Project planning, budget tracking, risk management, scope management
- Experience using a workflow management system (ex: JIRA, ADO, TFS)
- 4+ years experience working with globally distributed teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust with teams and stakeholders to lead via influence
- Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Experience using KPIs to identify areas for improvement and track progress
- Ability to create reports and presentations for senior level executives
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment a plus
- Scrummaster or Project Management certification(s) or evidence of formal training
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams that have included Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize. In an agile environment, it becomes imperative that project managers be laser-focused on essential components of the project and let go of unnecessary or distracting work.
- The ability to thrive—and remain calm—under pressure.
- Comfort with quickly changing priorities and a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.