Sr. Android Developer
Kansas City, MO, United States
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Android Developer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- At least 6 years of experience in mobile development using the Android SDK
- Working experience with Kotlin and Java
- Understanding mobile performance, latency, and security issues with extensive experience using performance analysis tools
- Exceptional Object Oriented (OO) design and development skills
- Understanding of functional programming concepts.
- Very good knowledge of reactive programming and experience in at least one library like RxJava.
- Exceptional knowledge of the most common architecture design patterns (MVI, MVVM or any of its variants), clear understanding of its pros and cons
Nice To Have Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of threading and concurrency.
- Very good knowledge on Kotlin coroutines
- Ability to identify risks / issues in the codebase as well as proposing a solution and leading the solution implementation.
- Very good knowledge on mobile databases and libraries (SQLite, Room)
- Ability to understand the business behind an application
- Ability to delegate and coordinate work among all team members
- Experience with unit and UI testing, understanding of the importance of proper testing.
- Experience with dependency injection.
- Able to give estimates for new features based on requirements / specifications
- Ability and willingness to guide and help team members
Ideally you will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- 10+ years experience in Mobile Development
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary