WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
Cognizant Softvision is a fast growing global digital development company. We help global companies in the areas of enterprise application development and integration, automation and machine learning, agile transformation, big data and analytics, full stack web, mobile, IoT, design and UX, QA and testing, infrastructure, and digital commerce.
We are looking for an exceptional Android Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
For this position you should be able to check the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in mobile development using the Android SDK
- Good technical expertise in writing testable and maintainable code in Kotlin and/or Java with a focus on design patterns and SOLID principles
- Very good knowledge and experience in understanding and using MVVM and Android Jetpack components
- Proper understanding of threading and concurrency, as well as basic knowledge of reactive programming
- Practical knowledge in networking, persistence and development of custom UI components
- Skilled in source control management and code review processes. Experience with continuous integration is a plus.
- Independent in specifying, planning, reporting, designing and coding for his / her assigned tasks
- Able to understand a project and the business behind an application in detail
- Able to give estimates for new features based on minimal requirements/specifications
- Able to identify risks / issues, and work with the technical lead to overcome them
- Proactive attitude with a drive to improve mobile engineering architectures and processes.
- Continuous learner interested in knowledge sharing
- Good level of spoken and written English
A day in the life of an Android Engineer:
- Design, build and support mobile experiences used by millions of users and many of your friends every day
- Solve complex technical issues and improve existing mobile applications
- Evaluate, design and develop new features and frameworks
- Focus on high-performance mobile application implementations
- Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps in a highly collaborative environment
- Continuously discover and evaluate new technologies for maximizing development efficiency
- Keep in touch with the Android community and engage in knowledge sharing activities.
Interested in this position?
Please read this Candidate Privacy Notice carefully as it informs you of how your personal information is processed in connection with your application for a job. By clicking the "Proceed" button, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice.