Release Train Engineer
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
Release Train Engineer: Lead Your Team Across the Finish Line
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE), you'll lead high complexity, high visibility programs with multiple concurrent feature teams leveraging the Agile SAFe methodology. You'll work in an environment of transparent feedback that supports quality at the project and corporate levels. And you'll act as a liaison between business owners, IT development, product management and outside vendors to ensure total alignment on requirements and specifications.
- At least 2 full SDLC project experiences as a RTE servant leader and coach for an Agile Release Train (ART)
- At least 7-10 years of previous professional Project Management experience with certification (CSM, PMI-ACP, PSM or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on process knowledge and experience leading Agile (ScrumXP with Kanban, SAFe) software projects
- Proven ability to lead at a Program level, with multiple feature teams, of at least 50 person headcount
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement
- Great organization, collaboration, and coordination skills
- A master at communication, giving the right amount of information at the right time at multiple levels
- Effectively negotiate with the client within a change management and risk management process
- Proficient at ALM tools such as Azure DevOps/TFS/VSTS, Jira, VersionOne and Agilecraft
- Ability to effectively guide backlog prioritization of functional and non-functional requirements
- Ability to effectively lead and organize the product backlog into individual sprints
- Focus in “built in quality”, working early and often with QA to deliver quality code and manage the testing workflow
- Understanding of delivery velocity and measuring progress and end dates using visual velocity and burn-up charts
- Lives by lean principles such as MVP, the cost of delay and systems thinking
- Experience managing distributed teams of local, remote, and off-shore resources
- Proven record of delivering robust, on-time solutions with high client satisfaction for large enterprise organizations
- Commitment to personal and professional development
Ideally you will also have:
- Previous experience working in a professional services consulting capacity
- Previous experience performing the duties of a Product Owner in an Agile engagement
- Deep knowledge of XP principles (code reviews, refactoring, TDD, ATDD, BDD, pair programming, T-shape skills, coding standards, design patterns)
- Diverse and/or advanced Agile certifications (CSP, ICP-ACC, SPC4, KCP)
- Prior experience in the BA role leading a requirements backlog workshop, developing high quality product backlogs
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.