System Administrator - Remote
New York, NY
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional System Administrator - Remote to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Daisy Systems Management
- Monitor system performance
- Incident management and tracking using the internal ticketing system
- Follow security procedures as outlined in the company SDLC and other policies
- Responsible for documenting and knowledge transfer of system configurations development and revisions.
- Analyze system logs and troubleshoot any reported problems
- Manage load configurations and provide recommendations for improving performance
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Perform application backups
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Install and configure new hardware and software including VM set up and maintenance
- Add, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries and assisting users
- Configure, Add, Delete various file systems.
- Quickly arrange repair for hardware in occasion of hardware failure
- Setup host-based security policies. The candidate must have a strong grasp of host based security technologies.
- Password and identity management
- Work with Storage technologies (NAS, SAN), Load Balancers from the system perspective
- Introduce and integrate new technologies
- Support and launch site build projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of Linux admin experience (Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred)
- High proficiency with Unix command line utilities and operations
- Experience with AWS Cloud environments
- General understanding of PHP/Perl and the Drupal framework Knowledge of efficient shell scripting practices
- Perl or Python scripting experience recommended
- Experience with Ansible for configuration management
- Apache + modperl setup and maintenance experience, ideally in an environment with multiple sites
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; the ability to effectively assist others with the use and application of our systems when necessary.
- Forward thinking and technology curious a huge plus
Nice to Have Skills:
- CDN experience (Akamai)
- Direct PHP/Drupal experience a plus
- MYSQL, Jenkins, Alfresco, and Tomcat
- Virtualization: VMWare, RedHat, Citrix, etc.
- Use of Git or other distributed version control system in development or automation
- Experience with RedHat Satellite
- Management of releases and staging/production versioning automation
- Mail server setup and administration
- NetScaler or other load-balancing experience
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run, and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.