Sr. Perl Developer - Remote
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Perl Developer - Remote to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- Modernize our Perl based backend e-commerce platform to enable faster, more reliable delivery of features with industry best practices and improved developer experience.
- Writing and improving frameworks and libraries to enable a REST API service oriented approach to software architecture with a focus on security, performance, and ease of use.
- Enabling DevOps, cloud, containerization, automated testing, and deployment pipelines.
- Work closely with tech leads, architects, and engineers to define cutting-edge technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years experience with Perl
- You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You are comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira, Git
- Comfortable working in EST hours
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code, with a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You understand architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You are independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
- Experience in ecommerce web platform development on an eCommerce platform
- Experience with devops, cloud, automated testing, linux systems.
- Experience with products at enterprise scale
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run, and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Interested in this position?
Equal Employment & Affirmative Action Policy: Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations:If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.