Senior Python Developer
Remote in Dallas, TX, United States
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineer outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
- Development of enterprise-level digital solutions by analyzing, coding and performing unit testing
- Ensure that the application design complies with the enterprise’s standard for technical, information, application, and business architecture
- Work with PO, Architects, Solution Leads, Dev Teams to make sure business requirements are implemented in technical solutions
- Articulate design and resolve technical/design conflicts as they occur with Architects and Solution Leads
- Coordinate with business analysts and/or users to determine requirements
- Collaborate with architects to determine the design of enterprise-level technical solutions
- Coordinates with the solution development teams to perform SIT testing
- Coordinates with DevOps, Change Management, QA teams for deployments to QA
- Mentor and foster growth of peers and team members.
- Perform code reviews and ensure the quality of code
- Co-ordinate with DevOps team for infrastructure set-up and deployments
- Practical (Hands on) Experience working on Full Stack J2EE Application, web application development, security and open-source technologies
- Experience in cloud-based software projects, web application development, security and open-source technologies
- Cloud Technologies: AWS (Lambda/EC2/SQS/SNS/S3/IAM/CloudWatch)
- AWS-Glue-preferable.Cloud Experience needed
- Big Data Technologies like Python(Pandas,Numpy, Dict,List)
- Java,(OOPs, Concurrency, Generics, Data structure, Lambda, Stream)
- Scala, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Solr
- NoSQL Data base like Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostGreSQL
- Efficient in writing scripts((json/yaml/batch/shell/AWS CLI)
- Good understanding in Linux commands such as grep, top, nohupetc.
- Basic Unix Command (vi, ps, kill, cp, mv, tops, cron)
- Best Practices (Prescribed by Tech stacks)
- Troubleshooting(Logs, Group, stream)
What We Do:
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names.
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
- Remote work
- Generous PTO and 10 holidays
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary