Lead Java Engineer
About Cognizant Softvision
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Java Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- 7+ years of experience in custom application development most recently with Java 8+ leveraging the Spring Boot framework
- Proven track record of architecting and implementing enterprise solutions using current best-practice patterns and methodologies (12 Factor principles, Microservices)
- Extensive back-end development expertise in modern domain driven API architecture
- Proven ability to develop complex API's in high volume, highly available environments leveraging published API contracts
- Must have experience creating containers with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Analytical and data analysis savvy, preferably on a NoSQL (Cosmos, Mongo etc) database platform
- Experience in Cloud Native application development on AWS Cloud is highly preferred
- OpenShift cloud experience preferred
- Kafka Streaming experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience developing in an Agile environment, preferably SAFe
- Consulting skills including team building, flexibility, and customer service
- Ability to demonstrate skills in analysis, design, implementation, and development process
- A strong curiosity about our clients’ business needs, coupled with a passion to stay on the cutting edge
- Must currently reside in the continental USA and be authorized to work for any employer
Ideally you will also have:
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Interested in this position?
Equal Employment & Affirmative Action Policy: Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.