Java Solutions Architect - Remote
About Cognizant Softvision
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
We are looking for an exceptional Solutions Architect to join out team. The Solutions Architect will act as the technical lead for the implementation of an enterprise grade full stack software development. with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- 10+ years of experience with Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Swing, JUnit, JGroups, Web Services (REST/SOAP), JavaFX/HTML5, JQuery
- Lead and participate in architecture, design, development and implementation
- Strong architectural understanding of modern-day web applications
- Ability to create architectural drawings, conceptual, functional, etc and UML
- Ownership of the product development from concept to implementation & deployment
- Must have experience in client-side web development framework React JS, Typescript, NodeJS
- Experience in Java and Azure SQL
- Experience in databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Good understanding of Database schema, design, optimization, scalability.
- DevOps experience, deploying applications using Docker
- Diligence for coding standards, demonstrated experience writing secure, efficient, reusable and testable code.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership capacity directing the work of Engineers
- Previous experience on application modernization projects, breaking a monolith into microservices highly preferred
- Proven track record of architecting and implementing enterprise solutions using current best-practice patterns and methodologies
- A strong curiosity about our clients’ business needs, coupled with a passion to stay on the cutting edge
- Previous experience performing development in an Agile environment, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred
- Consulting skills including team building, flexibility, and customer service
- Ability to demonstrate skills in analysis, design, implementation, and development process.
- Must currently reside in the continental USA and be eligible to work for any employer (no work authorization requirements)
Ideally you will also have:
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary