DESIGNING EXPERIENCES. ENGINEERING OUTCOMES
Cognizant Softvision is a leading product engineering company, creating impactful end to end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands. Cognizant Softvision has over 10,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of 25 studios in 10 countries and 5 continents.
We are looking for an exceptional Java Developer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
Core To This Need Are Expertise In :
- +5 years of experience hands-on in software development in Java.
- Familiarity in designing, building and delivering complex microservices ecosystems in a hosted cloud environment using Java 8 & 11, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and applying good practices.
- Experience working with relational databases and DB schema design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts clearly to other engineers and product managers to solve customer problems.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and within an agile environment.
Nice to have :
- Knowledge on Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Ability to function in a Linux/Unix environment using shell commands. Scripting is a plus
- Ability to scrutinize applications and services to ensure they adhere to security standards
- Application development and testing methodologies such as SOLID, and TDD/BDD, and tools such as Emma and Jenkins
Key Responsibilities :
- Participate in requirement analysis, planning, design sessions, development, testing and deployment.
- Develop well-designed and high-quality code, with unit and integration tests.
- Contribute to well architectured solutions by breaking complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Work with product owners, business analysts & Architects in identifying & defining technical requirements/dependencies in Epics/User Stories.
- Collaborate with internal initiatives.
- Keep up to date of current trends and technology developments
- Clearly document design decisions and system process
- Perform peer reviews of team members application and test code and documentation
- Preemptively discover potential system faults through exploratory testing
- Help reproduce production system faults for troubleshooting and correction
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We design and engineer the products and solutions of many brands that you know and love. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun while doing it. Let’s take this journey together!
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary