GCP Cloud Architect
Remote in Kansas City, MO, United States
About Cognizant Softvision
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
Join a fast-paced development team that offers tons of opportunities for working on complex, exciting projects in the cloud space.
As a Google Cloud Architect at Softvision, you'll participate with cloud vendors in training and in early previews of new features. Plus, you'll collaborate with leaders in the field, deepening your skillset and knowledge-sharing with our community of technical experts.
This role requires, background in developing software applications, and a current strong knowledge of designing, building, and advising clients on the implementation of an GCP cloud ecosystem. All aspects of the cloud native application capabilities (including the skills to develop apps in containers and Kubernetes), configuration of optimized landscape to manage legacy and modern deployments. Experience in building DevOps pipelines for the enterprise (100’s of developers and actors), and significant experience in data center migrations to GCP.
We are looking for an exceptional Cloud-Native Google Cloud Architect to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
Must have capabilities:
- Highly adept at brainstorming, building trust, listening, and presenting ideas to POs/Managers and senior-level executives
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity – needs to be someone who is creative & likes to do exploratory work; should be comfortable presenting ideas that may or may not be adapted, working in a bit of a vacuum, etc
- Extensive GCP public cloud experience.
- Know how to set up, and configure build servers (Azure DevOps, Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge around how to deploy apps based on their language and type
- Understanding of the entire CI/CD/CD process, ability to design new CI/CD pipeline architecture, process, and mentor clients
- Understanding of various deployment models and techniques
- Understanding of monitoring, alerting, and automated response
- Experience architecting and building containerization platforms; Docker, Kubernetes (preferably EKS or AKS)
- Working knowledge on setting up automated testing
- Familiar with 12-Factor and SOLID Application Architecture principles and Microservices
- Prior experience in a hands-on .development (Java or .Net) capacity
- Must currently reside in the continental USA and be authorized to work for any employer
- Implement and monitor an GCP cloud infrastructure
- Implement management and security solutions
- Implement and manage data platforms (PaaS)
- Design monitoring
- Design identity and security
- Design data storage
- Design business continuity
- Design infrastructure
- Develop an instrumentation strategy
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary