AWS/Terraform Devops Architect
About Cognizant Softvision
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
We are looking for an exceptional Cloud-first Devops Architect to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Highly adept at brainstorming, building trust, listening, and presenting ideas to POs/Managers and senior-level executives
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity – needs to be someone who is creative & likes to do exploratory work; should be comfortable presenting ideas that may or may not be adapted, working in a bit of a vacuum, etc
- 2+ years of experience designing Terraform solutions and deploying them hands on
- Extensive AWS public cloud experience, preferably AWS Solution Architect certified
- Proven professional experience designing and implementing automated deployments of modern applications (CI/CD pipelines) with YAML
- Understanding of source control platforms (git, tfs, etc.)
- Understanding of source control workflows (gitflow, etc.)
- Know how to set up, and configure build servers (Azure DevOps, Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge around how to deploy apps based on their language and type
- Understanding of the entire CI/CD/CD process, ability to design new CI/CD pipeline architecture, process, and mentor clients
- Understanding of various deployment models and techniques
- Understanding of monitoring, alerting, and automated response
- Experience architecting and building containerization platforms; Docker, Kubernetes (preferably EKS or AKS)
- Working knowledge on setting up automated testing
- Familiar with 12-Factor and SOLID Application Architecture principles and Microservices
- Prior experience in a hands-on .development (Java or .Net) capacity
- Must currently reside in the continental USA and be authorized to work for any employer
Ideally you will also have:
- OpenShift, Azure and/or GCP cloud experience
- Event driven architecture experience (Kafka)
- Puppet or Chef experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Interested in this position?
Equal Employment & Affirmative Action Policy: Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.