Senior React Developer
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional React Developer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Work on architecture design for projects. This includes research related to the project and defining the correct technologies that should be used to accomplish project goals
Multitasking between many projects while preserving and delivering a high quality work
Being proactive, highly motivated and involved in helping the other team members suggesting improvements and solutions to problems
Write technical documentation, individually or with help of other developers and TLs
- Be involved as a developer on the project and be responsible for the quality of your part or for the entire project
- Help with code reviews and technical project management
- Work on finding solutions for both low level and high level problems
- Help with defining test plans with QAs
- Make project related technical decisions
- Work independently and deliver quality results without the need of constant supervision
- Cover the complete development of small scale projects
- Lead teams of various sizes working on medium and large projects under the supervision of Operations and Engineering Head
- Supervise the development of small scale projects
Ensure the projects are following best practices and are having a maintained and updated tests (e.g. unit, integration, functional)
The skills and traits we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience with full-stack development
Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages/frameworks (e.g. PHP/Node.js/Python/C#/GoLang, Laravel/Django/Express/Koa)
- Strong database design skills (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with one or more cloud providers (e.g. AWS/Google Cloud/Azure/Digital Ocean)
Experience in using containers (e.g. Docker/LXD) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/ECS/Docker Swarm)
- Solid experience in system and software architecture
- Experience in leading development teams
- Experience with web-oriented cross-platform mobile frameworks is a plus
- Good in mentoring others and proposing better technical approaches and integrations in coordination with Engineering department
Excellent communication skills, confident and prepared for the calls within a company and with potential clients when needed
Good at providing estimates and predict usual difficulties that startup projects usually have
A great overall IT knowledge being capable achieving a basic understanding of the technology in short amount of time
- Good written and spoken English
- Stable internet connection and home computer
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Ideally you will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- 6+ years experience in development and design
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Interested in this position?
Equal Employment & Affirmative Action Policy: Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations:If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.