Sr UX Designer - Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN, United States
About Cognizant Softvision
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
Digital Studios Professional: Design the Future of Customer Engagement
Let your passion for user-centered design drive digital transformation initiatives for Fortune 1000 clients in the financial and professional services sectors.
As a Digital Studios Professional at Softvision, you’ll find each day offers new opportunities to deepen your development skills and grow your personal brand. You'll expand your enterprise and consumer UX expertise as you become an integral part of cross-cross-disciplinary teams that use Agile processes to create innovative experiences. You'll also participate in mobile thought leadership and knowledge-sharing in the UX and CX space, while collaborating with Softvision's nationally known technologists.
- Meet and collaborate with internal and external clients to identify business and user requirements and communicate results to the interdisciplinary project teams.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas, business needs and user goals into interaction and design solutions.
- Access data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics, etc), synthesize the inputs, and develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, classification schemes, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Apply knowledge of usability, human factors, and the UX process to complete user experience of the product.
- Create and effectively present UX deliverables (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, visual mockups etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on design & development integration in agile or iterative environments
- Develop competitive assessments and perform site heuristic reviews.
- Help define UX performance metrics and perform post-development usability testing to validate business needs and user goals.
- Create, maintain and share project documentation and UX guidelines after project execution.
Experience & Skills
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of UX-related design experience. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred in interaction, information or interface design; human-computer interaction; design planning; graphic design; communications or design-related equivalent. Candidates will have a strong balance of design skills and technical expertise, an outstanding portfolio, and experience in:
- Lean, Agile or Iterative UXD environments
- Designing mobile specific solutions with various platforms (iOS, Android, mobile web)
- Responsive Web design solutions
- Adobe Suite of design tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Nice to Have
- Designing line of business (LOB) solutions in the finance, professional services or health services industries
- Working within the Microsoft Tech Stack
- SharePoint branding & customization (Masterpages, templates, CSS)
- Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server
We are a growing community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run, and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.