SAFE Project Manager
Atlanta, GA, United States
About Cognizant Softvision
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands.
Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
As a Project Manager at Softvision, you'll lead high complexity, high visibility engagements with the appropriate level of Agile ceremonies. You'll work in an environment of transparent feedback that supports quality at the project and corporate levels. And you'll act as a liaison between business owners, IT development, product management and outside vendors to ensure total alignment on requirements and specifications.
We are looking for an exceptional SAFe Project Manager to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- At least 7-10 years professional Project Management experience with certification (CSM, PMI-ACP, PSM or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on process knowledge and experience leading Agile (ScrumXP with Kanban, SAFe) software projects
- Proven ability to lead at a Program level, with multiple feature teams
- Great organization, collaboration, and coordination skills
- A master at communication, giving the right amount of information at the right time at multiple levels
- Effectively negotiate with the client within a change management and risk management process
- Proficient at ALM tools such as TFS/VSTS, Jira, VersionOne and Agilecraft
- Ability to effectively guide backlog prioritization of functional and non-functional requirements
- Ability to effectively lead and organize the product backlog into individual sprints
- Focus in “built in quality”, working early and often with QA to deliver quality code and manage the testing workflow
- Understanding of delivery velocity and measuring progress and end dates using visual velocity and burn-up charts
- Lives by lean principles such as MVP, the cost of delay and systems thinking
- Experience managing distributed teams of local, remote, and off-shore resources
- Proven record of delivering robust, on-time solutions with high client satisfaction
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to travel occasionally (when it is safe to do so again)
- Must currently reside in the continental USA and be authorized to work for any employer
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Performed the duties of a Product Owner in an Agile engagement
- Deep knowledge of XP principles (code reviews, refactoring, TDD, ATDD, BDD, pair programming, T-shape skills, coding standards, design patterns)
- Diverse and/or advanced Agile certifications (CSP, ICP-ACC, SPC4, KCP)
- Experience leading a requirements backlog workshop
- Experience in the BA role in developing high quality product backlogs
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary