Big Data Engineer
Cognizant Softvision is a fast-growing global digital development company. We help global companies in the areas of enterprise application development and integration, automation and machine learning, agile transformation, big data and analytics, full stack web, mobile, IoT, design and UX, QA and testing, infrastructure and digital commerce.
We are looking for an exceptional Big Data Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
For this position you should be able to check the following:
- Cloud expertise with AWS (S3, Redshift, Glue) and/or Azure (ADLS, Synapse, Data Factory, Databricks)
- Strong SQL Skills
- Knowledge of at least one of these programming languages: Python, Spark, PySpark, Kafka, Scala
- ETL background
- Experience with Airflow or Snowflake represents a plus
- Very good English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Client communication experience
A day in the life of a Big Data Engineer:
- Develop and provide Big Data end-to-end solutions in the Cloud for major customers in US and Western Europe.
- Use Data Lake and Data Warehouse models according to business needs.
- Create metadata-driven pipelines using various programming languages.
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure consistency in architecture and design/code practice
- Code with performance, scalability and usability in mind
- Work on new tools in leading industry trends, with new and emerging technologies, prototypes and engineering process improvements
- Work closely with next generation architecture development teams using cutting edge approaches and technologies
Interested in this position?
Please read this Candidate Privacy Notice carefully as it informs you of how your personal information is processed in connection with your application for a job. By clicking the "Proceed" button, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice.