Azure SQL Data Lead
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Engineer with Azure for a leading position in one of our projects.
Expert proficiency in one of programming language: Python, Java;
Hands-on expertise on RDBMS: SQL Server or Oracle DB;
Extensive experience on REST API, JSON, Web app/services, Security (SSO) Implementation.
Azure Data Engineering Skills (must have):
Fundamental understanding and Hands-on experience on Data Ingestion, Data migration, Data compression, Data Curation, Data Encryption and Data transformation using Azure PaaS services like:
Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure Synapse Analytics/SQL Data Warehouse/ Snowflakes, Azure Data bricks, Azure Logic Apps, Azure cognitive services (form recognizer, vision API), PowerApps
Azure DevOps skills: Azure DevOps CI/CD pipeline; GitHub, JIRA Board, Jenkins etc
Azure Data Security and Governance tools knowledge, exp: Azure Active Directory, Key vaults, Data Encryption, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage, and Data Catalog.
Tools exp: Visual Studio Team Server or equivalent IDE.
Responsibilities as a lead
- Design data model, support development of integrations with Azure logic apps/ middle layer, UIs, Power BIs, Azure data lake, write stored procedures for supporting actions triggered from front end
- Written and verbal communication skills for communicating with customer technically and procedurally. Good understanding of Azure Infrastructure services and their limitations
- Responsible for helping to design, deploy, manage and support the systems and infrastructure required for a data processing pipeline
- Have good understanding in implementation of advanced security, authentication and single sign on across cloud and on premise
- Advantages and limitations of Azure Active Directory
- Understanding of the cloud architecture patterns and solution design principles
- Understanding of different attributes for cloud application availability, scalability and ability to propose optimized design for cloud
- Performance tuning of cloud based applications for best performance
- Closely work with customer to understand the business objectives and define solutions to meet the business objectives
- Experienced in working in agile/devops environment with continuous integration and continuous deployment and application lifecycle management
- DP-200 Implementing an Azure Data Solution
- DP-201 Designing an Azure Data Solution
- DP-203 Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure
Cognizant Softvision Employee Benefits
• Flexible Work Schedule - Outside of main work hours, you can create a schedule that suits your needs.
• Hybrid workplace - Whether you like to work from home or go to the office, the choice is yours!
• Annual Vacation Days - 26 days to relax, explore and spend time with loved ones.
• Trainings, workshops and certifications, unlimited Udemy subscription and more.
• Private medical package
• Meal tickets
• Referral bonuses
• Life insurance
• Banking services
• Bookster subscription
The Place To Be, Now & Beyond!
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands. Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents.
Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at cognizantsoftvision.com .
Explore career opportunities at Cognizant Softvision - The Place To Be, Now & Beyond!
Please note that by applying to this role you are being informed about your personal data being processed by Cognizant Softvision.
You can find more details here: https://www.cognizantsoftvision.com/candidate-privacy-notice/
Please read this Candidate Privacy Notice carefully as it informs you of how your personal information is processed in connection with your application for a job. By clicking the "Proceed" button, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice.