We are looking for an exceptional Android Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
For this position you should be able to check the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in mobile development using the Android SDK
- Good technical expertise in writing testable and maintainable code in Kotlin and/or Java with a focus on design patterns and SOLID principles
- Very good knowledge and experience in understanding and using MVVM and Android Jetpack components
- Proper understanding of threading and concurrency, as well as basic knowledge of reactive programming
- Practical knowledge in networking, persistence and development of custom UI components
- Skilled in source control management and code review processes. Experience with continuous integration is a plus.
- Independent in specifying, planning, reporting, designing and coding for his / her assigned tasks
- Able to understand a project and the business behind an application in detail
- Able to give estimates for new features based on minimal requirements/specifications
- Able to identify risks / issues, and work with the technical lead to overcome them
- Proactive attitude with a drive to improve mobile engineering architectures and processes.
- Continuous learner interested in knowledge sharing
- Good level of spoken and written English
A day in the life of an Android Engineer:
- Design, build and support mobile experiences used by millions of users and many of your friends every day
- Solve complex technical issues and improve existing mobile applications
- Evaluate, design and develop new features and frameworks
- Focus on high-performance mobile application implementations
- Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps in a highly collaborative environment
- Continuously discover and evaluate new technologies for maximizing development efficiency
- Keep in touch with the Android community and engage in knowledge sharing activities.
Cognizant Softvision Employee Benefits:
• Flexible Work Schedule - Outside of main work hours, you can create a schedule that suits your needs.
• Hybrid workplace - Whether you like to work from home or go to the office, the choice is yours!
• Annual Vacation Days - 26 days to relax, explore and spend time with loved ones.
• Trainings, workshops and certifications, unlimited Udemy subscription and more.
• Private medical package
• Meal tickets
• Referral bonuses
• Life insurance
• Banking services
The Place To Be, Now & Beyond!
Cognizant Softvision is a leading software product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands. Cognizant Softvision has more than 5,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in 9 countries and five continents.
Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at cognizantsoftvision.com .
Explore career opportunities at Cognizant Softvision - The Place To Be, Now & Beyond!
Please note that by applying to this role you are being informed about your personal data being processed by Cognizant Softvision.
You can find more details here: https://www.cognizantsoftvision.com/candidate-privacy-notice/
Share this position
- Great globally diverse culture
- Flexible work-life balance
- Ongoing career development
- Relocation opportunities
- Competitive Salary
Please read this Candidate Privacy Notice carefully as it informs you of how your personal information is processed in connection with your application for a job. By clicking the "Proceed" button, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice.