UX Design Lead
You are a talented UX Design Team Lead with the experience and ability to lead not only digital projects, but also help grow a team of talented and inspiring professionals. You have a user centered mindset. You are a self-starter who takes ownership of their work and can influence and advocate for change in the outcome of a design. You have experience working on multi-location engagements, moving in fast paced environments while providing visionary leadership. You are comfortable both with managerial and technical activities.
- Understands the needs of both the client and our company, and sets appropriate expectations.
- Interacts directly with clients or potential clients on business development efforts demonstrating ability to communicate a value proposition; issue, action, impact.
- Creates collaborative client relationships becoming recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable and valued professional.
- Helps facilitate workshops with internal and external stakeholders guiding them to innovative and appropriate outcomes and solutions.
- Understands Desirability and Adoption of Client’s Product or Service throughout Industry Lifecycle Stages or Roadmaps.
- Works along Strategy and Research to include qualitative and quantitative data into personas, mindsets, scenarios, use cases, concepts, experience and user journeys and service blueprints.
- Derives Information Architecture, Content Strategy and Designs from qualitative and quantitative data included in personas, mindsets, scenarios, use cases, concepts, experience and user journeys and service blueprints.
- Understands and incorporates complex technical and business requirements into compelling Designs.
- Designs for Accessibility.
- Designs iteratively from Lo to Hi-fidelity, from Storyboarding, Workflows or Paper Prototyping Wireframes, through Visual Design Pixel-perfect, to Interactive Prototypes and Design Requirements and Specs Documents detailing Interactions.
- Improves their design, incorporating findings, or insights in feedback from User Testing.
- Is comfortable designing within constraints, adapts designs to Brand Strategy and Style guides.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the team's work.
- Prepares written documents and presentations or varying complexity, SOWs and work estimates.
- Shares, within and across teams, and applies knowledge gained through internal and external sources (e.g., consultation with colleagues and technical experts, market trends, business/industry research, external conferences).
- Helps others learn on the job, ensures the success of team members contribution on projects.
- Makes adequate time and resources available to support learning objectives of self and others.
- Keeps abreast of latest practices, techniques and emerging technologies within the industry and employ these to develop ideas and inspire design concepts.
- Top notch Interaction Design, User Interface Design and Visual Design.
- Excellent understanding of Human Centered Design.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent global collaboration skills & ability to travel 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Have 6-10 years of experience working for respected clients as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect or similar role.
- Has been on a Senior/Lead level position for at least 3+ years Experience working in interface design for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Strong proof of concept, rapid prototyping, storyboarding and technical skills.
- Experience of working in an Agile environments is desired.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Proven track record or design agency experience Portfolio of UX Design work.