Who we are
One of the largest Android Communities
Deep and wide Knowledge Base
We are driven by innovation
Apple Pay and Google Wallet implementations showcased at Google I/O and WWDC
We focus our efforts on quality
1st place in US App Store 1st place in App Category - Education
Great Chance to learn and share ideas
We are crafting large scale of solutions
Hundreds of millions of active users, as we speak.
eXperience a true Sense of Community
There’s no better feeling than feeling like you’re at home, while at work.
Our Android Ecosystem
Google’s “Be together. Not the same.” advertising campaign for Android perfectly describes our Android community – thriving on diversity, communication, and knowledge sharing to build great products. If you are passionate about developing high-quality Android applications and you relate to this motto, then you’ve come to the right community!
The projects we work on vary in size, tech stack, procedures and business domain, but we make a good habit of keeping everyone in sync with best practices and proper technical solutions:
- We push the “Kotlin first” motto down the line. Every new project currently starts with Kotlin; every project previously started in Java is in the process of migrating to Kotlin.
- We focus a great deal of time on code quality and take the testing pyramid very seriously. We promote running unit, integration and end-to-end tests automatically through CI pipelines.
- We love to automate workflows, such as CD pipelines where the process of publishing app bundles becomes a simple flip of a switch.
- We believe in clean coding and clean architecture. Aside from this, we’re always on the lookout for the next best architecture. And we’ve been on top of them all: MVP, MVVM, MVI.
- We also focus on building large-scale Android apps where modularization is the norm, allowing distributed teams to develop seamlessly.
- We take time to understand latest technologies: Android Jetpack, Dagger/Hilt, etc., but we also expand our horizon to community-driven tech, such as DI frameworks (Toothpick, Koin, Kodein), networking engines (Retrofit, Ktor), databases (SQLDelight, Realm, Firebase).
- We also understand the need for experimenting with new technologies (Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile, Jetpack Compose), as well as niche tech stacks like ARCore, and MLKit.
We take Android development very seriously! How about you?
Projects where you can have an impact
Cognizant Softvision has helped a digital retailer transform into a $2 billion-dollar empire. The mobile retail app was rated as the best retail app in 2016 and is one of the top 25 most used mobile apps in the US. The mobile experience solutions drives more than 2 billion in revenue annually.
- A history of 10+ years of collaboration, starting with 1 QA and 1 iOS Engineer, and transforming into a team of 111 QA and 50 Mobile Engineers split across several technologies and platforms
- Constant growth: building features over features, setting down processes and developing further
Solution proposals + decision making (technical, architectural or process wise)
FAMOUS MOBILE BROWSER
Cognizant Softvision has been working with this famous mobile browser since 2009, when it all started with one test engineer. Currently, the headcount is just under 100 engineers, including manual & automated testing, DevOps, and Android and iOS development. Along the way, our Android & iOS engineering teams have developed and maintained multiple mobile applications for both platforms. The client called for quick help, and Softvision answered! 12 Softvision Android engineers volunteered to help the client in meeting the deadline for the search engine race.
LEAING US BASED TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
Cognizant Softvision has helped this partner become one of the leading US based technology companies that provides cloud-based services for remote control, home automation and monitoring services. We started small (one iOS Developer), but have blossomed into a position where we now help on all fronts:
- Covering work on both operating systems, iOS & Android, and all major platforms like phones, tablets, watches even TVs.
- We help drive native features and innovation projects that cover a large variety of devices: cameras, sensors, locks, energy meters, and various 3rd-party IoT (solar panels, intercoms, car connectors, thermostats)
- We create proprietary standalone frameworks – covering video playing or image processing or UI components