Who we are
ONE OF THE LARGEST ANDROID COMMUNITIES
Deep and wide Knowledge Base.
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION
Google Wallet implementations showcased at Google I/O.
WE SUPPORT DROIDCON!
Our community has provided speakers at multiple Droidcons (Cluj-Napoca, Berlin, San Francisco). We have also been an integral part of organizing Droidcon Romania!
Great Chance to learn and share ideas.
WE ARE CRAFTING LARGE SCALE OF SOLUTIONS
Hundreds of millions of active users, as we speak.
EXPERIENCE A TRUE SENSE OF COMMUNITY
There’s no better feeling than feeling like you’re at home, while at work.
Our Android Ecosystem
Google’s “Be together. Not the same.” advertising campaign for Android perfectly describes our Android community – thriving on diversity, communication, and knowledge sharing to build great products. If you are passionate about developing high-quality Android applications and you relate to this motto, then you’ve come to the right community!
The projects we work on vary in size, tech stack, procedures and business domain, but we make a good habit of keeping everyone in sync with best practices and proper technical solutions:
- We push the “Kotlin first” motto down the line. Every new project currently starts with Kotlin; every project previously started in Java is in the process of migrating to Kotlin.
- We focus a great deal of time on code quality and take the testing pyramid very seriously. We promote running unit, integration and end-to-end tests automatically through CI pipelines.
- We love to automate workflows, such as CD pipelines where the process of publishing app bundles becomes a simple flip of a switch.
- We believe in clean coding and clean architecture. Aside from this, we’re always on the lookout for the next best architecture. And we’ve been on top of them all: MVP, MVVM, MVI.
- We also focus on building large-scale Android apps where modularization is the norm, allowing distributed teams to develop seamlessly.
- We take time to understand latest technologies: Android Jetpack, Dagger/Hilt, etc., but we also expand our horizon to community-driven tech, such as DI frameworks (Toothpick, Koin, Kodein), networking engines (Retrofit, Ktor), databases (SQLDelight, Realm, Firebase).
- We also understand the need for experimenting with new technologies (Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile, Jetpack Compose), as well as niche tech stacks like ARCore, and MLKit.
We take Android development very seriously! How about you?
Projects where you can have an impact
Cognizant Softvision has helped a digital retailer transform into a $2 billion-dollar empire. The mobile retail app was rated as the best retail app in 2016 and is one of the top 25 most used mobile apps in the US. The mobile experience solutions drives more than 2 billion in revenue annually.
- A history of 10+ years of collaboration, starting with 1 QA and 1 iOS Engineer, and transforming into a team of 111 QA and 50 Mobile Engineers split across several technologies and platforms
- Constant growth: building features over features, setting down processes and developing further
Solution proposals + decision making (technical, architectural or process wise)