Jun 15, 2021 by Softvision Team
Engineering Heroes: Liliana Mendoza Alejandro
Monterrey software engineer shares her #EngineeringHeroes superpowers
June 23rd is recognized globally as International Women in Engineering Day (INWED). For the second consecutive year, we’re celebrating virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions. To salute our women #EngineeringHeroes and their ability to shape and support the world around them through their work and passions, we’re highlighting Softvisioners from around the globe and tapping into their brilliant minds with a fun get-to-know-you questionnaire.
Liliana Mendoza Alejandro, a software engineer from Monterrey, Mexico, unlocks her engineering superpowers and shows us the worlds that best represent her—engineering, working from home, and enjoying her outside-of-work passions. Let’s get to know her!
- What is your engineering origin story? How did you discover that engineering was your calling?
– I initially studied graphic design, and I realized that I wanted to be part of the functionality process of building an app or a website. I started learning by myself and eventually applied to a job related to front-end development.
- Nintendo or Sega?
- What would you consider your engineering-related superpower? What skill do you have that makes you stand out from the crowd?
– My graphic design background allows me to accomplish pixel-perfect composition while translating UI into CSS or HTML markup.
- Apple or Microsoft?
- If you could have a comic book-inspired superpower, what would it be?
- What excites you about your chosen career?
– I like the feeling I get after solving a problem or being part of resolving a user’s need through the UX-dev process.
- Would you rather fly or be invisible?
- What’s your biggest passion outside of work?
- What piece of advice would you give to girls interested in STEM?
– Never be afraid of learning new things!
- Beach or Mountains?