June 23rd is recognized globally as International Women in Engineering Day (INWED). For the second consecutive year, we’re celebrating virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions. To salute our women #EngineeringHeroes and their ability to shape and support the world around them through their work and passions, we’re highlighting Softvisioners from around the globe and tapping into their brilliant minds with a fun get-to-know-you questionnaire.
Anuta Logigan, an Android team lead from Baia Mare, Romania, unlocks her engineering superpowers and shows us the interests that best represent her—engineering and enjoying her outside-of-work passions. Let’s get to know her!
- What is your engineering origin story? How did you discover that engineering was your calling?
– I first discovered programming a long time ago when the middle school I was attending purchased their first computers. They were simple Intel 486 computers, but that was enough to spark my interest. My actual developer journey started as an internship at Cognizant Softvision in Baia Mare, back when there were only 20 associates. I learned from the best and grew up in the community, building great products and helping others. So I embraced this journey, thinking it would be a lot of fun! Engineering is the field that solves the most impactful of our problems in the world.
- Nintendo or Sega?
– Too young for either of them!
- What would you consider your engineering-related superpower? What skill do you have that makes you stand out from the crowd?
– My super-patience.
- Apple or Microsoft?
– An Apple a day keeps the doctor away!
- If you could have a comic book-inspired superpower, what would it be?
– Psychic powers like telepathy.
- What excites you about your chosen career?
– I love developing apps, face-to-face interactions with clients, and the opportunity to see projects come to life. In addition, I enjoy many things about my career: mentoring, doing interviews, and guiding team members to achieve their goals.
- Would you rather fly or be invisible?
– Fly invisibly
- What’s your biggest passion outside of work?
- Beach or Mountains?
– I love both of these locations equally, depending on the season.
- What piece of advice would you give to girls interested in STEM?
– Be confident in your abilities. Learn from your mistakes and improve by asking for help.