Our client has 29 hospital locations, including 19 acute-care hospitals, five short-stay hospitals, two behavioral health hospitals, two rehabilitation hospitals, and one transitional care hospital within their system. With nearly 4,000 licensed beds in 16 different counties in North Texas, the client is one of the largest healthcare delivery systems in the U.S. with an intense focus on health and wellbeing for its communities.
At a glance:
- One of the largest faith-based, non-profit delivery systems in the U.S.
- Over 300 access points across Texas
- Highly committed to community programs and educational resources within underserved areas
With the competitive nature of healthcare growing and patient engagement at an all-time high, our client needed to ramp up their mobile experience for their patients, providing the right services and educational resources during the most convenient times for its patients.
After an initial discovery phase between our Austin and Romanian studios and the internal client team, the need for a platform that would not only supersede the current mobile offering but completely revolutionize the way patients engaged with our client was established. The team set out to create a consumer-facing mobile product that would be able to serve as an omni-channel experience for all customers and patients. The platform would help establish our client as a leading healthcare provider with a superior mobile customer experience with key features such as:
- Navigation – helping patients find directions to care facilities
- Health chart integration – integrating critical healthcare stats and personal history
- Wellness troubleshooting – an interactive symptom check and online triage
- Telehealth – assist with scheduling and initiating visits with real-time video
- Tele-stroke – communicate with stroke victims who have not been admitted to hospital
- Administration access – bill pay integration for guests and patients
The pods, composed of experts in mobile app development helped build an extensible/responsive mobile UI framework that is mainly based on the open-closed principle, but leveraging the Android, iOS and React Native application development frameworks.
For the backend and integration of existing platforms and features, our experts quickly built loosely coupled APIs and integrated existing backend applications with well-defined interfaces and operations. Leveraging the Mulesoft API development framework and technologies to design and implement the APIs, the data interoperability between current and future solutions was carefully taken into consideration and developed with current data exchange standards.
To ensure the engineered outcome included a cohesive, unified platform, our product and design teams used KPI’s that measured velocity, quality, product impact, and autonomy to ensure a seamless transition upon rollout.
Each guild is a world-class community of talented engineers within each area of expertise. The following guilds contributed to the program’s success:
- Design & UX
- Full Stack Web
- Agile Transformation
With dedicated sync meetings between the three pods, the project was completed in less than nine months elevating the overall user experience with a solid backend architecture and the ability to scale in the future.
As an introduction to our mobile capabilities with this specific client, the client expressed immense appreciation for the ownership and ability to engineer with such agility and looks forward to continuing the momentum on future projects.
Latest posts by Softvision Team
- Stevie Awards Names Angelani “Executive of the Year” - September 23, 2020
- Tech Meetup: Dependency Injection in React & Discovering Zustand | Sept 24, 2020 - September 21, 2020
- Cognizant Completes Acquisition of Tin Roof Software, Expanding Digital Engineering Services - September 17, 2020